Have fun, she says.
She hasn’t seen what today was like. It’s the first of the month. On the first day of each month, I wrap up and transmit (electronically) entries received in a web-based photographic competition I manage, together with other photographs folk have sent me during the month, plus caption competition entries, selecting the photograph for this month’s caption competition and updating the web site.
I know it’s Saturday, and all this could wait until Monday, but it’s the first of the month. If I don’t do it on the first of the month, I’ll be out of pattern; I can’t do it on Monday; that’ll be the third. A monthly cycle is just that; monthly. Not monthly when it fits with the weekly pattern.
Then other things happened that took me out of the house for a couple of hours. I’m not complaining about that, though. Just saying, as my son (who will be 40 tomorrow) likes to say. We managed to spend some time with close friends, and I managed a quick photo session by a cemetery and a recycling point. Great subjects. Some of the images will filter through over the coming days.
Anyway, taking all things into account; I’M NOT READY FOR THIS!
This is my offering to Stream of Consciousness Saturday. The prompt word is ‘ready’.
Here are the rules:
- Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
- Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
- There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” or “Begin with the word ‘The’.”
- Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments, for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
- Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
- Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
- Have fun!